Once you’re done venturing the Road to Hana and taking in the wonder of Maui's Haleakalā, there’s one activity that you’ll be happy you tried. Enjoy the island’s rich natural beauty on the fairway of one of Maui's amazing golf courses. With some of the best golf courses in the world, Maui is a destination spot for avid golfers and also happens to be home to the PGA Tour’s Tournament of Champions. With courses located from upcountry all the way to the island’s west side, you can enjoy a variety of views from the green.
Golfing “must-do’s” on Maui include:
- Enjoy 18 holes of golf in Maui’s famous “Upcountry” locale at the Pukalani (entrance to heaven) Country Club designed by golf course architect Bob Baldock
- Stop by the King Kamehameha Golf Club in central Maui. The famous American architect Frank Lloyd Wright designed the King Kamehameha Golf Course Clubhouse!
- Hit a hole-in-one at the Kapalua Plantation Course where PGA Tour pros play
- Take the family for miniature golf at Maui Golf and Sports Park
- Head to Maui’s south shore and play a round on one of Wailea’s golf courses. You’ll enjoy being immersed in Native Hawaiian foliage along lava rock with views of surrounding islands while hitting off the tee
- Take a ferry to Lana'i and golf for a day
Maui golfing fact:The first country club on Maui opened in 1925 in Spreckelsville. Golfing became a fun pastime during the island's plantation days.