While there's no shortage of fun to be had on land, you won't want to miss the opportunity to explore the deep blue while on Maui. Hawai'i is home to a variety of marine life that lives just below the surface. Legend has it that the fire goddess (Pele) is responsible for creating these unique islands in the Pacific, which led to a variety of diverse geological formations. Atolls, seamonts, coral reefs, sea cliffs and more just off the island's shore host some of the most fascinating marine life you'll ever see. Take a tour in a submarine to get an up-close view of some of the endemic sea life here and experience the mystery of moana (ocean) firsthand.
The Maui submarine tour(s) include:
- Views of an artificial reef. Jump on board and see an old 19th century supply vessel called the Carthaginian that was sunk in 2005
- Up-close views of honu (turtles), reef fish, eels and maybe even a sharks!
- An educational narrative by tour guides
- Submarine/Lū‘au Combo options
- An option to purchase a Maui Value Pass for $25 more to receive tickets to the Maui Ocean Center Aquarium, Maui Tropical Plantation Tram Tour and the Bailey House Museum